Here are 10 amazing facts about the world:
- The human nose can detect over 1 trillion different scents.
- There are more possible iterations of a game of chess than there are atoms in the observable universe.
- The tallest mountain in the solar system is Olympus Mons on Mars, which is about three times the height of Mount Everest.
- The shortest war in history was between Britain and Zanzibar on August 27, 1896, lasting just 38 minutes.
- The oldest living tree on earth is a bristlecone pine tree in California that is over 5,000 years old.
- The longest lasting battery in the world is the lithium sulfur dioxide battery, which can last up to 15 years.
- The human eye can distinguish over 10 million different colors.
- The largest animal on earth is the blue whale, which can grow up to 100 feet long and weigh up to 200 tons.
- The smallest mammal in the world is the bumblebee bat, which weighs only about 2 grams and is about the size of a thumb.
- The average person will walk the equivalent of three times around the world in a lifetime.
Note: These are just a few of the many amazing facts about the world and are intended to provide a general idea of some of the interesting and surprising things about our planet. It is always a good idea to do your own research and verify information before relying on it.